Board Meeting Minutes 1.3.2018
Keith - President report
- 60-90 field-We are awaiting County notification of public meeting date to introduce field to community. Goal-2019 completion
- Miccosukee-No president currently. Gary Gentry trying to fill that position.
- Upcoming Presidents Meeting-Interleague play discussion. We agreed on Feb. 10th deadline to schedule mid-season 2 week offering. Offering April 9th and 16th weeks for Interleague play.
Mike - Treasurer report
- Concessions profit down from previous year. (37%-2016 to 30%-2017). Will discuss with Michelle slight increase in concession prices-$.25
- $4k lost 2017- Additional expenditures ($4k more uniforms/equipment than 2016, $4k back IRS stuff, $7k batting cages)
- $80k income 2017
- Insurance (Little League)-$2100 for 2018 due to additional need for accidental insurance. $1200 for 2017 which only covered liability. Chaires required to have own insurance because County covers all 5 leagues, and were informed we can't have an umbrella policy.
- Tax exempt status- 5013C- Keith has reached out to Tony to inquire on status. Awaiting response.
- Sponsorship updates- currently have committed 10 team sponsors and 3 banner sponsors. Letter sent right before holidays so anticipate more return responses since after the new year.
- Uniform updates-attendees agreed upon the digital hook design for jerseys. The same hat design requested.
- Softball updates- City losing players because of slow pitch. We will be looking at Northwest and Woodville for game opportunities.
- Coaches Practice Clinic-Jan. 27th. Attendees would also like to cover Rule Review at this event. Powermill offered to run Practice Clinic. Keith will follow up with them on willingness and if there is fee.
- Opening Day-attendees agreed to continue with Tim Yoho for pictures.
- Machine Pitch/Tball/Softball games will be scheduled this day
- Proposed noon start and shift schedule earlier so events conclude before 6pm
- Draft: Monday Jan. 22nd
- Following Evaluations on Jan. 20th (9-12 Machine, 1-4 Minor) and Jan. 21st (Major)
- Next Board Meeting-Feb. 7th