1. I/We, the parents/guardians of the above-named candidate for a position on a Little League team, hereby give my/our approval to participate in any and all Little League activities, including transportation to and from the activities.
2. I/We know that participation in baseball or softball may result in serious injuries and protective equipment does not prevent all injuries to players, and do hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify, and agree to hold harmless the local Little League, Little League Baseball, Incorporated, the organizers, sponsors, supervisors, participants, and persons transporting my/our child to and from activities from any claim arising out of any injury to my/our child whether the result of negligence or for any other cause.
3. I/We agree to return upon request the uniform and other equipment issued to my/our child in as good conditions as when received except for normal wear and tear. 6. I/We agree to provide proof of legal residence (as defined by Little League Baseball, Incorporated) and age. I/We understand that our child (candidate) must be eligible under the residence and age regulations of Little League Baseball, Incorporated, to participate in this Local League, and that if any controversy arises regarding residence and/or age, the decision of the Charter Committee in Williamsport shall be final and binding. I/We further understand that if any participant on a Little League team does not qualify for participation in the league based on residence (as defined by Little League Baseball, Incorporated) and/or age, such participant and/or team on which he/she participates be found ineligible, and forfeit(s) and/or suspension of Tournament privileges may be decreed by action of the Charter Committee or Tournament Committee.
4. I/We agree that our child (candidate) may be required to try out for a team. If such does not attend at least 50 percent of the tryouts, local Board-of -Directors' approval is required for such candidate to be placed on a team.
5. I/We understand that our child (candidate) may be chosen at anytime to play on a Major Division team, if he or she is of the correct age for such division as determined by the local league and Little League Baseball. Declining to move up to such Major Division team will result in forfeiture of eligibility for the Major Division for the current season, and may be subject to further restrictions by the local league.
6. I/We agree to provide proof of legal residence (as defined by Little League Baseball, Incorporated) and age. I/We understand that our child (candidate) must be eligible under the residence and age regulations of Little League Baseball, Incorporated, to participate in this Local League, and that if any controversy arises regarding residence and/or age, the decision of the Charter Committee in Williamsport shall be final and binding. I/We further understand that if any participant on a Little League team does not qualify for participation in the league based on residence (as defined by Little League Baseball, Incorporated) and/or age, such participant and/or team on which he/she participates be found ineligible, and forfeit(s) and/or suspension of Tournament privileges may be decreed by action of the Charter Committee or Tournament Committee.
7. I/We will furnish a certified birth certificate of the above-named candidate to League Officials.
PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
We, the Chaires-Capitola Little League, have implemented the following Parent Code of Conduct for the important message it holds about the proper role of parents in supporting their child in sports. Parents will read, understand and sign this form prior to their child/children participating in our league. Any parent guilty of improper conduct at any game or practice will be asked to leave the sports facility and be suspended from the following game. Repeat violations may cause a multiple game suspension, or the season forfeiture of the privilege of attending all games.
The essential elements of character-building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and six core principles. The highest potential of sports is achieved when competition reflects these “six pillars of character.”
- Caring; and
- Good Citizenship.
I THEREFORE AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
- I will not force my child to participate in sports.
- I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults.
- I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
- I will learn the rules of the game and the policies of the league.
- I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or other sporting event.
- I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing, taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
- I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well being of the athletes.
- I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
- I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance.
- I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard, and make my child feel like a winner every time.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- I will emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my child over winning. I will also de-emphasize games and competition in the lower age groups.
- I will promote the emotional and physical well being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss, or confront coaches at the game field, and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at all sports events.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
- I will work/volunteer at least one full game in the Concession Stand.
By registering the child for this activity, I hereby acknowledge and agree that participation in this activity may involve inherent danger and risk, including without limitation, an enhanced exposure to COVID-19 and I hereby assume full responsibility for any risk of physical illness, including without limitation COVID-19, and hereby covenant not to sue the Chaires-Capitola Little League or Leon County for any and all claims related to physical illness, including without limitation COVID-19.